Sure this cooler weather brings out the "tea-totalers", but hot on the scene are "Tea-Tails", cocktails made with tea. Lleyna from Winsome Tea Co. has got the perfect tea to blend up into ridiculously delicious tea-tails! Lleyna's suggestion, the Green Tea Gimlet cocktail.
Green Tea Gimlet
- 1 1/2 cups (12 oz) Dry Gin, at room temperature
- 2 heaping teaspoons of green tea (we suggest Winsome Tea Co.’s Organic Dragonwell or Japan Sencha Kakagawa)
- 3/4 cups (6 oz) freshly squeezed Lime Juice
- 4-6 tablespoons Citrus Syrup (lemon version) to taste
- 6 Lime Wedges as garnish
- 2 cups Sugar
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed Citrus Juice (such as lemon, lime, orange)
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 tablespoon grated Citrus Zest (such as lemon, lime, orange)
Stir the ingredients together in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally until the sugar is dissolved. Lower the heat to low & continue cooking until a syrupy consistency is achieved, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat & let stand for 30 minutes. Strain though a wire-mesh sieve double lined with damp cheesecloth. Store refrigerated in an airtight container for up to one month. Makes 1 1/2 cups.
Make the Base:
Pour the gin into a 3 cup or larger pitcher. Add the tea bags & let sit at room temperature for at least 1 hour. When ready to serve, remove the tea bags and add the lime juice & citrus syrup. Stir until well combined.
Make the Cocktail:
For each cocktail, add about 3 1/4 ounces of the base to a cocktail shaker 2/3 filled with ice. Cover and shake vigorously; strain into an ice filled old fashioned glass. Squeeze a lime wedge over the drink & drop.
Need more inspiration - check out this link - and then stock up on tea from Winsome Tea Co. and have fun! The weather service is predicting a long snowy winter - don't get caught without your tea-tails!