Bottled Thyme Chicken Pot Pie!
Here is Michael's recipe for his delicious Chicken Pot Pie - your family will love it!!!
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breast - boneless & skinless
- 1 medium white onion - medium dice
- 3 celery stalks - medium dice
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 1 jar Bottled Thyme Chicken Jus
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water - boiling
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 clove garlic - minced
- 12 oz frozen mixed vegetables or fresh
- to taste salt & pepper
- 6 biscuits
1) Peel the shells off of the hard boiled eggs and rinse. Halve the eggs and separate the yolks from the whites. Set the whites aside. Using a fine mesh strainer, press the egg yolksthrough the strainerinto a medium bowl(this forms a nice powder and makes it easier to mix withwater). Mix the boiling with the egg yolks until yolks have dissolved. Cut the egg whites into a small dice.
2) Season the chicken with salt & pepper. To a 5 qt crock pot, add the chicken first then the remaining ingredients except for the biscuits. Cook for 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high.
3) A half hour before completion, remove the chicken breasts and cut them into small cubes. Return the chicken to the crock pot.
4) Cook your biscuits according to the package.