local farms / local food / local fun
WELCOME TO GROWING ROOTS
Event planning featuring local food, local farms and local fun, taking root in your community with:
- Farmers markets promoting regional agriculture and small scale food businesses
- Community events encouraging the community to grow together
- Promotional events to highlight local businesses
- Showcase events for local artists and crafters
- Small scale entertainment events featuring local food from local farms for local fun!
Plans for 2017 Shaping Up!
2017 looks to be yet another exciting year for Growing Roots! For more information on Growing Roots Farmers Markets and Growing Roots Events please follow the links below. At Growing Roots, we're all about . . .
local farms - local food - local fun
Growing Roots Farmers Markets for 2017 include:
Winter Season: 2nd & 4th Saturday of the month from 10 AM - Noon in the Kerr Park Parking Lot by the gazebo on Pennsylvania Avenue
Winter Season: 1st & 3rd Thursday of the month from 3 - 5 PM indoors at the Chester County Food Bank, 650 Pennsylvania Ave., Exton
Winter Season: 1st & 3rd Saturday of the month from 10 AM - Noon indoors at the First Baptist Church of Malvern, 146 Channing Avenue, Malvern
The Market Beet
Stay in touch with us by following The Market Beet - our blog.
- Take you on a virtual field trip to our farms.
- Whatever the time of year, we'll highlight recipes for seasonal produce.
- We're all about good nutrition (did you know that Growing Roots is headed up by a dietitian!), so our recipes are good for you too! Usually!
- Eat Ur Veggies! We at Growing Roots have a love affair with local, seasonal veggies. It all has to do with good nutrition.
- Meet our friends from Immaculata University. IU has a nutrition science program and their students help us out on the blog.
- Guest bloggers are welcome to apply. The Riegl Palate is a frequent contributor.
- When festival and event season goes into full swing, we'll be sure to post highlights from the day.
About Growing Roots
Who is Growing Roots?
Lisa ONeill is the person behind Growing Roots, with the trusty support of Juliana Pash. Of course none of what Growing Roots does would be possible without a dedicated group of farmers, food producers, artists & crafters and more.
Contact Growing Roots
Have a question about Growing Roots Farmers Markets or Growing Roots Events, please contact me.