local farms / local food / local fun
WELCOME TO GROWING ROOTS
Event planning featuring local food, local farms and local fun, taking root in your community with:
- Farmers markets promoting regional agriculture and small scale food businesses
- Community events encouraging the community to grow together
- Promotional events to highlight local businesses
- Showcase events for local artists and crafters
- Small scale entertainment events featuring local food from local farms for local fun!
Weekly Farmers Market Newsletters
Growing Roots Plans for 2017!
2017 looks to be yet another exciting year for Growing Roots! For more information on Growing Roots Farmers Markets and Growing Roots Events please follow the links below. At Growing Roots, we're all about . . .
local farms - local food - local fun
Growing Roots Farmers Markets for 2017 include:
Weekly, every Saturday, in Kerr Park by the Pennsylvania Ave. Gazebo from 9 AM - 1 PM
Weekly, every Thursday, in Eagleview Town Center, from 3 PM - 7 PM
Weekly, every Saturday, in Burke Park on South Warren Ave. just south of King Street, from 9 AM - 1 PM
The Market Beet
Stay in touch with us by following The Market Beet - our blog.
- Take you on a virtual field trip to our farms.
- Whatever the time of year, we'll highlight recipes for seasonal produce.
- We're all about good nutrition (did you know that Growing Roots is headed up by a dietitian!), so our recipes are good for you too! Usually!
- Eat Ur Veggies! We at Growing Roots have a love affair with local, seasonal veggies. It all has to do with good nutrition.
- Meet our friends from Immaculata University. IU has a nutrition science program and their students help us out on the blog.
- Guest bloggers are welcome to apply. The Riegl Palate is a frequent contributor.
- When festival and event season goes into full swing, we'll be sure to post highlights from the day.
About Growing Roots
Who is Growing Roots?
Lisa ONeill is the person behind Growing Roots, with the trusty support of Juliana Pash. Of course none of what Growing Roots does would be possible without a dedicated group of farmers, food producers, artists & crafters and more.
Contact Growing Roots
Have a question about Growing Roots Farmers Markets or Growing Roots Events, please contact me.